Description de poste
SES is the world-leading satellite operator with a fleet of more than 50 geostationary satellites. The company provides satellite communications services to broadcasters, content and internet service providers, mobile and fixed network operators and business and governmental organizations worldwide. SES stands for long-lasting business relationships, high-quality service and excellence in the satellite industry. The culturally diverse regional teams of SES are located around the globe and work closely with customers to meet their specific satellite bandwidth and service requirements. SES holds a participation in O3b Networks, a next generation satellite network combining the reach of satellite with the speed of fiber.
6-month internship, starting early 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the Vendor Management and Procurement team in a fast-paced, global organization within an innovative and unique industry.
Based in Betzdorf, Luxembourg, you will contribute to the tasks described below.
- Support implementing actions to ensure compliance to procurement policies and procedures (participate in developing a project roadmap, follow up, etc.)
- Working on specific projects as directed by the allocated tutor or mentor (preferred vendor database, VMP scope, etc.)
- Provide operational support for procurement projects (sourcing operations, drafting specifications, cost analysis, vendor meetings)
- Support implementation of Procurement spend optimization programs
- Identifying recurring stakeholder requests, cost and data analysis, integrate results in contracts or catalogues
- Assisting in defining efficient processes and working instructions, supplier relationship management and communication towards internal stakeholders
- Challenge status-quo and bring value to the organization
- Minimum requirement: Being an advanced student (Bachelor or Master) in IT, Telecom, Supply-Chain, Purchasing, Economics, Engineering or Business School
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Computer literate (MS PowerPoint, Word, Advanced Excel) Access and basic SAP/other ERP would be an asset
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Proactive, and problem solving attitude
- Easiness to adapt and communicate at all levels
- Fluency in spoken and written English with additional languages (French and/or German) considered an asset.
- EU nationality or work permit for Luxembourg.
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting experience in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- The internship is remunerated. SES provides excellent sport facilities and a canteen on site.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Education level: Master's Degree
Work experience: Less than 6 months
Start contract date: 01-01-18
Contract duration: From 4 to 6 months