Description de poste
The newly established Max Planck Institute Luxembourg is an Institute of the Max Planck Society, which is Germany’s most successful research organization. The Institute in Luxembourg conducts research in the areas of European law of civil procedure, international litigation and arbitration and dispute resolution in the financial markets.
In order to support its team of librarians developing its newly established library, the Institute is currently recruiting a:
Librarian / Cataloguer (m/f)
- Permanent contract
- fulltime, 40 hrs/week
As a cataloguer, you will work together with the other librarians to provide effective access to the library collections and resources. You will have the essential mission of ensuring that users are provided with bibliographic data of high quality to conduct their research in the most convenient way.
- Perform copy cataloguing and original cataloguing of print and electronic resources (mostly in English, German and French);
- Create authority records;
- Be familiar with AACR or similar rules of cataloguing;
- Ensure correct data input into the library integrated system Aleph, according to MARC standards;
- Assist the compilation and implementation of Cataloguing Instructions for the library;
- Execute diverse administrative tasks supporting the global activity of the library.
- You hold a Master degree in Library Science or equivalent and you have at least 5 years of professional experience, preferably as a cataloguer;
- You have experience with an integrated library system, knowledge of Aleph being an asset;
- You are fluent in English, German being considered as an advantage;
- You have been working with legal publications and information before, preferably in a research/academic institution; You are flexible, multi-tasking and able to prioritize;
- You are open and enjoy working in an international environment;
- You are open to continuous learning and curious to acquire new skills.
If you have questions about the position please address to Mrs Juja Chakarova.
If you are interested in joining our Institute, please apply online until 30th September 2017 via jobs.lu
The Max Planck Institute Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.