||Signaler cette offre Vous avez des doutes par rapport à cette offre d'emploi, merci de nous le faire savoir.|
Where others see barriers, we see opportunities.
Do you enjoy supporting customers realizing breakthrough value? Do you stay attuned to your customers’ needs and visions? Do you like to work openly and supportively together with your colleagues and customers? Our work involves many different minds and skills, it can’t be done alone.
It's a great time being SES.
SES is the world-leading satellite operator providing end-to-end communication solutions. SES leads across new technologies in video, enterprise, mobility and government
We are a team of people coming from all across the globe who work together to make a real difference in the world.
- We help to bridge the digital divide by connecting millions of people on the African continent.
- We make it possible for people to stay connected while flying 10km up on a commercial airplane. We provide extensive satellite coverage of all of the world’s seas and ocean regions via our dedicated mobility beams
- We distribute 7,400 channels to more than 1 billion people in 317 million homes.
- We work together with our partners to develop new standards that transform how people consume and enjoy entertainment.
Junior Engineer, Services
Role Description Summary
This project related position will primarily be responsible for providing technology specific support and expertise to internal and external customers of SES Techcom Services. The incumbent will be involved in operational related tasks to ensure the availability of the provided services and to fulfil all contractual obligations.
The incumbent will be integrated and trained within an international team of highly skilled engineers and will gradually take more responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities / Key Result Areas
- Support active services and take proactive and corrective actions to maintain service availability
- Support and after some time act as single point of contact to internal and external customers for information, support and possible problem resolutions
- Support relationships with the equipment manufacturing industry with the aim to develop up-to-date technical-commercial knowledge of relevant Satcom and IT systems
- Support the Commercial Group on pre- and after-sales processes
- Interact with other stakeholders (technical, product/service development commercial) for the definition of technical requirements of existing and new products/ services
- Analyze trends and recommend solutions and service improvement strategies
- Support logistics, maintenance and other organizational functions of ground Satcom and IT infrastructure owned by SES Techcom Services
- Sound analytical and judgment skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Quick learner and Team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to set priorities and to work under tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- “Can do” attitude and self-starter
Qualification & Experience
- Hold a University Degree in Electronics / Telecommunications / ICT (Bachelor / Master), or equivalent qualifications
- Experience in telecommunication sectors is considered as an asset
- Acquaintance with IT systems, in particular network architecture & IP-services
- Knowledge of different Operating Systems (Windows, Linux)
- Knowledge of the satellite technologies and satellite based communication (teleports, VSATs) is considered as additional assets
- Fluency in English and a maximum of other languages
- Willing to travel internationally and meet directly with customers and vendors world-wide
Other Key Requirements / Comments
The incumbent might be involved in the below mentioned projects:
- Provision of Hosting Services
- Broadband over Satellite
- Setup and maintenance of contribution networks
- Maintenance of IT infrastructure
- Technical market research
We offer you
- A diverse workplace. For SES, diversity is more than a question of gender or race; we welcome different minds and different skills.
- An exciting job opportunity in a fast moving and fascinating industry. Our technology is launching into space on the next generation of rockets.
- Opportunities to further grow and develop in a global and growing company; we believe life-long learning is key to bring the best of SES worldwide.
- A competitive compensation package linked to your performance and further completed with attractive benefits.
SES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Catégorie||IT / Programmation, Production / Ingénierie, Télécommunication|
|Termes||CDD, Temps plein|
|Dernière mise à jour||29/03/2017|
Postuler pour cet emploi
|29/03/2017||Engineer,spacecraft subsystem (adcs & propulsion)||6815 betzdorf, lu|
|29/03/2017||(junior) analyst, revenue reporting & planning (fixed-term)||6815 betzdorf, luxembourg, lu|
|29/03/2017||(senior) financial analyst, techcom (fixed-term)||6815 betzdorf, luxembourg, lu|
|27/03/2017||Junior engineer, software||l-6815 betzdorf, lu|
|27/03/2017||(junior) engineer, communications systems||l-6815 betzdorf, lu|
|27/03/2017||Sales manager, defence & security||l-6815 betzdorf, lu|