Senior Fund Accountant (m/f)
Citco Fund Services is a division of the Citco Group of Companies and is the largest independent administrator of Hedge Funds in the world with offices in Amsterdam, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Cork, Curacao, Dublin, Halifax, London, Luxembourg, Malvern, Miami, New York/New Jersey, Toronto, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney.
The Fund Services division was established in Luxembourg in 2001. In 2008 the Fund services division became an independent entity: Citco Fund Services (Luxembourg) S.A. We have teams with different strategy focus: hedge funds, funds of hedge funds and private equity.
In anticipation of new business coming in in the coming months, we start looking for motivated and pro-active individuals interested in challenging careers in a rapidly growing international company.
Your role will encompass all facets of the calculation of net asset values on a variety of complex hedge funds. Reporting directly to your account manager your responsibilities will include:
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Performing the administration of any services pursuant to administration agreements in respect of a portfolio of hedge funds;
- Performing NAV calculation to review stage, including preparation of net asset value statements;
- Preparation of financial statements and other required reports on a monthly basis ensuring deadlines are met;
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, investment advisors/managers, banks, brokers and auditors;
- Working with investor relations group and liaising with other departments within Citco as required;
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliations for hedge funds;
- Work closely with Account Manager in the launch and set up of new funds;
- Training of new Fund Accounting staff;
- Preparing year-end audit data and liaising with auditors.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Must have an excellent command of English, a second language would be useful.
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance related area (2:1 and above) and /or studying for a professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum of 2-3 years in a (Hedge) Fund Accounting environment.
- Display an active interest in the financial markets and hedge fund industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel etc).